Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The Last Breath

With every breath I take, with every hour, with every second that passes.... I feel my life getting shorter. Darkness approaches, soon to envelope my very being. I can feel its presence all around me, like a lion hidden amongst the savanna, waiting for just a slight, a very slight opening to pounce...to hunt...to KILL.

Alas, this but a figment of my imagination. Real it may be but it shall drag me down not.

"We're all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde

Whilst the past haunts me still, the present shall always be here and the future will always be bright. In the past, present and future i shall always be. Always will a part of me drop into something, someone's life, however insignificant it may be, that's where my past is.

You ask "What is the future?". I tell you,"It is the nanosecond that comes when you asked that question, that is future" You wonder,"What is the past?" "The past is the nanosecond that went by while you spent your time figuring out the answer"

My life has been pleasant. Filled with laughter, sadness, joy, tears, insanity, and many more. It is my honor to know that my life has been satisfying, while through sweat and blood, I have passed down a legacy that can live for generations.

I tell you now "Never dwell in the past". An occasional glimpse will you use as a stepping stone towards your future but NEVER dwell in the past. Life is too short for such a trivial thing, live life to the fullest! Always live life as it were your last! Smile through your sadness, smile through your pain!

Here are several words of wisdom :-

"We must all hang together or else we shall hang separately" - Benjamin Franklin

"Iron sharpens iron, but lead will sink you to the bottom" - Pat Mesiti

"There are no problems we cannot solve together, and very few that we can solve by ourselves" - Lyndon Baines Johnson

"Talent without humility is like a drunk at the wheel of a car-it's just an accident waiting to happen" - a guy once said

"A single arrow is easily broken but not in a bundle of ten"- Pat Mesiti

"It is important to know that each small step is the result of one big thought"-Pat Mesiti

"The only thing more painful than learning from experience, and that is not learning from experience" - Archibald Macleish

"Perfection is never the goal in life-excellence is" - Pat Mesiti

Many more to come, especially in the future! So always look ahead! Never look down to the sad gray tar-filled road! Look to the bright blue sky! Look towards the horizon! Face the world! Show them that your pride is still there! Show them that nothing can extinguish the passion that burns evermore in your spirit!

As long as I live, I will always look towards to world with a proud face! Never again will I allow my emotions to control me.

Wilson Lee [Nephesh]

No comments: