Tuesday, August 28, 2007

STUPAK PRACS..

hellooooo.ppl...nothing interesting happened at school besides chemistry practicals..had to wait for 3 friggin hours ..Now a short story from me,readers,about my practicals.based on a true event ..duh -.-.some parts may be exagerated but what the heck its my story =) and i dont bother with the punctuation.XD. :

i walked in to the room.the multiple apparatus all lined up on my side of the table,greeted me sinisterly,as if daring me to break them.i would but it would hurt my wallet more.i then sat down on my stool and the teacher passed me and the rest of the students a piece of paper containing the checklist and anion and test for gases table.as i skimmed through the paper ensuring all the apparatus were there,i could not find the anion table..dread begin to fill my mind,a horrendous thought occupied my head;we have to memorize the cation table!!!i swore silently.Then the teacher passed us our practical paper.relief flooded me as i glimpsed the cation table at the last page of the paper.the teacher told us we can begin.so we began.i did the titration smoothly..too smoothly.i obtained consistent results and the first 3 questions of the calculations part were easy,then the last 2 confused me,stopped me in my tracks.i had to resort to THAT.By guessing(hantam Nia).i at first decided to finish the titres and move on to the next experiment..but foolishly thinking i had enough time i proceed with the calculations.then the temperature change experiment..easy enough, i thought.as i neared the end of the second question i glanced at the clock,35 mins remaining,i swore to myself.i finished off the 2nd questions and started on the 3rd.prepared the solutions although i was confused at first,i thought we had to use the solutions and add the naOH and Nh3 to them for part a but thankfully i read the 2nd part and understood what they wanted.15 minutes left on the clock as i proceed to add ammonia to the FA6.there was no reaction...i frowned,thinking.i had to warm it,of course,i think.so i went on to the second one,FA7,easy enough i got the requirements for copper ions.i pulled the bunsen burner towards me to warm the boiling tube containing the FA6 and Nh3 mixture.i struck the match,6 minutes remaining.i turned the knob to increase gas output to a level where it would catch fire while holding the match above the opening..nothing happened..3 thoughts flashed into my mind.One,Sh!@ Sh!@ sh#@ whats happening??!!.Two,OMG NO GAS!!!!!.Three,#$%#$%!@#% im screwed....i quickly calm myself down and turned the knob more,swearing silently and thinking:'come on dont let this happen,no time already,,the teacher not in sight again @$%#^'.'CATCH FIRE DAMN YOU,STUPID PIECE OF METALLIC THING,CATCH FIre',were my only thoughts as i turned the knob more.Just my luck.the second ticked by.4 minutes left.i thought to myself,'the hell with it'.i armed my pen and wrote down whatever i could think of,ammonia should be present as the cation i thought,ammonium ions..i continued to write the same thing for the next question on what were the cations and the evidence.1 minute left.then the teacher told us to stop writing.i of course paid no attention to his words.and wrote down the reagents required for chloride ions on the last questions but thats all i had no time and i moved on to the next part,it asked for another reagent that could be used for chloride ions.i simply wrote,'lead nitrate.white precipitate formed'.and passed up the paper.i cleaned up the apparatus and left...thinking to myself how screwed this practical is,well most of it.

ahhahaha there u have it,what happen to me during the practical.man i swear..and i really did. lols.oh yes.NOTE TO JASON:i do want any lameass comments such as 'ns story',lame story,crappy story,did u...blablalba.my blog does need anymore of your noobness and stupidity -.-.that put aside(of course making me feel better).i waited for my care and went back home.now writing this.lol.bored>_>.din get to go to gym today ;(.finished late.till i have something better to blog about.byeee.oh yeah expect something similar when i have my bio practicals.HAHA.


Eric 'Boss' Lim NYEH =P

No comments: